Pages

Thursday 23 April 2009

A Few Days Of Nothing

A post with this title is never going to be a good one, think that bad and worse! No photos, no trivia, just a short waffle about the slight highlights that I've notched up over the past few days.

Tuesdays highlight was our 11th (I think) Little Ringed Plover of the spring, on Blackhole Marsh with singles of Whimbrel and Wigeon.

Wednesday was a rubbish day, but I finally year ticked Reed Warbler, with single singing birds on Colyford Common and Axe Marsh.

This morning has been a little better. A Beer Head wander revealed a Grasshopper Warbler reeling in the Dell with four Whitethroats scattered about elsewhere on the head. Another Gropper was reeling on Seaton Marshes, this one was REALLY going for it - hopefully he might linger? On the river six Dunlin were the highlight, then I came home.

I've got a very interesting weekend lined up in front of me, watch this space....

No comments:

Post a Comment