Pages

Friday 5 August 2011

A Late Late Night Update

Yet again, many apologies for the lack of updates. I have been a busy bee - but also have spent a little time away.

Last weekend we were at a wedding in Cornwall, with the evening reception in St. Ives - very nice indeed! I managed to 'smuggle' my bins with me too - didn't see much - although from Lelant Saltings railway platform there were several Med Gulls, four Blackwits and a Whimbrel on the Hayle.

A rather surprise find in St. Ives on the Friday evening was Bun, he was there for a pelagic trip the following morning! The only place where we could sit down to eat was at this trendy 'surfer-dude' bar/club place. The burger was nice, but having to order chips as a side is a no no - burgers and chips are like Ant and Dec, they should not be without each other. Yes, the 'healthy eating regime' is going well...

Anyway, here's a few pics from the weekend...

From the top; St Ives looking towards Carbis Bay, Copperhouse Creek (have seen American Wigeon here - a nice drake, and a White-billed Diver just down the road!), Lelant Salting (the site of my only UK Lesser Yellowlegs), me in 'holiday birding mode' on Lelant Saltings Platform, the four Blackwits and the pigs at our B and B!

I must mention our B and B - Rowan Barns. Everything about it was brilliant - the accommodation, location, owners, food, price - all very good indeed. Everywhere is easy to get to from it too - Hayle, Helston, Penzanze, Marazion, etc..

I was hoping to update all on the few birds I've seen on patch since my last blog post, and of the pretty impressive moth haul from last Friday, but I am literally falling asleep on my laptop so you'll have to check back for all this excitement another day...

No comments:

Post a Comment