Pages

Sunday 13 September 2009

Another Portland Ribbon Wave

I've been working lots over the weekend, so haven't had chance for much birding at all. On Friday night though I had the moth trap out. When I went to bed the conditions were perfect, but when I woke up at 6am on Saturday morning there was a gale force NE blowing!!!

Only caught 80 moths of 20 species. But as the title suggest, one of them was another of these...

Subtly differently marked than my first one - Portland Ribbon Wave number two!

I did have a first for the garden too...

Centre-barred Sallow

The rest of the catch was made up of: 29 Setaceous Hebrew Character, 12 Large Yellow Underwing, 10 Lesser Yellow Underwing, 4 Willow Beauty, 4 Brimstone, 3 Silver Y, 2 Square-spot Rustic, 2 Common Marbled Carpet, 2 Garden Carpet, 2 Vine's Rustic, and singles of: Green Carpet, Purple Bar, Small Fan-footed Wave, Common Wainscot, Smoky Wainscot, Small Square-spot, Knot Grass and Snout.

No comments:

Post a Comment