Pages

Friday 28 September 2012

No Birding Today

I won't have time to go out today - but have just about got time to tell all about yesterday, mostly because there isn't much to tell!!

I had a very enjoyable two hour wander around the Beer Cemetery Fields - I was hoping for just the teeniest slice of east coast action, but it wasn't to be. It did 'feel rare' though.  

Looking east
 My final totals were (grounded unless stated):

10 Skylark
6 Song Thrush
120 Meadow Pipit
2 Wheatear
1 Whinchat
26 Blackcap
2 Whitethroat
21 Chiffchaff
2 Goldcrest
6 Siskin (over)

Whinchat
And a couple more photos from recent days.  I took a photo of the Yellow-legged Gull with my Lumix too, and it shows the comparative mantle shades well with Great and Lesser Black-backed Gulls, and Herring Gulls in the frame too...

The Yellow-legged is slap bang in the middle
 Also I forgot to post this moth picture.  Last Friday I had the moth trap out, but wasn't expecting much in it as the night was cold.  I was dead right - there wasn't much.  Pleasingly though, one of the two immigrants in the trap wasn't a Silver Y!  It was a Pearly Underwing, only about my third for the garden...

It looks a bit weird as I had to use flash
Don't want to say anything on here (in case I jinx it!), but hopefully I have some very exciting times up and coming. It has meant I've been snowed under for a few days - but it will be worth it...

No comments:

Post a Comment