Pages

Friday 30 March 2012

A Few Snippets Of Interest

Just a few bits and pieces of interest over the last few days, but nothing earth shattering, and no pictures I'm afraid.

A quick sweep of the Estuary on Wednesday 28th revealed four superbly plumaged Ruff north of Coronation Corner on the falling tide. Too far away for photos though unfortunately.

Yesterday, whilst busy on the laptop, Dad called me out as the gulls were getting a bit noisy. It was because of a Red Kite circling high over head - my fifth from the garden. For the past two weeks I've been predicting the annual Red Kite influx, hopefully this sighting means it is now finally underway! Also yesterday, I saw my first Clouded Yellow of the year - a pristine male flew past me near Colyton.

And today, I spent a few hours up the Beer Cemetery Fields this morning. It was all very quiet, except for my first four Willow Warblers of the year. Great to hear them again :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment