Pages

Sunday 10 July 2011

Not The Yellow-legged Gull I Was After...

A sweep of the Estuary this evening revealed very few large Gulls, the chances are no end of small boats, noisy kids and barking dogs have been disturbing them all day!

Anyway, I did eventually find a large gathering of Gulls - they were loafing on the quiet part of the Tesco building site...

This habbo is quite unique for us - I will be keeping an eye on it during the autumn for sure

Anyway I couldn't find the juv Yellow-legged Gull I've been after for the past week, but I was more than happy with this stonking adult...

Pretty obvious isn't it!?

It was hard to get a photo of it with its head out, it just wouldn't stop preening!

Actually adults - in fact all ages other than juv - seem to be quite scarce at this time of the year when the juvs are coming through. We seem to get most non-juvs later on in Sept/Oct or earlier in the year in spring.

This was all the birding I've done today, but several hours of ringing this morning was slowish - although I did catch four of these...

Juv Starlings

And three of these...

Cute baby House Sparrows!

No comments:

Post a Comment