Pages

Friday 24 December 2010

All I Want For Christmas Is A Patch Waxwing...

...please Santa! I mean, I have been a good boy this year - for a change!

Christmas Eve is always a busy working day for me, but it is also always capped off nicely with a few rounds in the Pub :-)


Before work, I had time to get the camera out and aim it at the thrushes still struggling to find food in our garden. Some of the Redwings are really starting to look weak now, another day or so and I'm sure we will be picking up corpses.

Eat eat eat!

During this last week, I have been judging for the (unofficial) 'Seaton snow man competition'. Local birder Phil came close with this superb effort...

Note the Christmas lights wrapped around!

But the winner goes to whoever made this beaut...

Who ate all the mince pies??

Happy Christmas everyone, good health and happiness to all :-)

3 comments:

  1. Hope your wish comes true Steve.
    Merry Christmas from Sue and myself,have a great 2011.
    John.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Happy Christmas everyone, good health and happiness to all :-)"

    The same to you Steve.

    All i wanted was either a Smew, Goldeneye or a Pintail. And has he left me one, has he buggery.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would just like to ask about your judging standards... where is my snowbear?!?! =P

    Martha. x

    PS: And Karen asks about her snowy self portrait.

    ReplyDelete