Pages

Tuesday 19 January 2010

Bye bye...

Early tomorrow, three Backwater Birders (Bun, Karen and I) will be loading up my car and heading to Norfolk for three nights.... am well looking forward to it!!! :-)

But before I'm off, here's what I've seen on patch over the past couple of days. It isn't much at all!!

Star bird has been this adult Spoonbill, which was showing north of Coronation Corner late this afternoon...


Not sleeping for a change!

Also on the estuary, two adult Med Gulls, a good count of 103 Common Gulls and another HerringXLesser Black-backed hybrid-type thingy! A Golden Plover was amongst a big flock of Lapwing near Boshill Cross (opposite Axmouth FC).

A quick look over the sea from Beer mid morning showed birds were REALLY on the move! Ten Brent Geese and seven Common Scoter flew east, and five Red-throated Divers and two auk sp. flew west. This was only in about five minutes! A Black Redstart was flitting about on the beach besides me.

The Woodlarks are still present near Axmouth, I saw them here a couple of days ago.

And that's that.... I shall try and update whilst away, but if not, you can read about it all on my return...

No comments:

Post a Comment