Pages

Friday 6 November 2009

Some More Vis Mig

At first I was going to get up early this morning, but last night felt so rough I decided not too. In the end though I woke up before 7am anyway - so thought I might as well get up and go out!! I went back up to the stables.

I couted until 9am, in which time 9,370 Wood Pigeons flew west. After I finished they continued to stream over, so the full total would probably be bigger than yesterday's! Here's a couple of pics from this morning, I especially like the first one cuz of the backdrop...

There are Pigeons in these photos, you may have to enlarge the pics to see them!

Amongst the Woodies were 22 Stock Doves and one Feral Pigeon.

Finches were on the move more so than yesterday, with the highlight being a lone male Crossbill west at 08:33. Chaffinches were very obvious with 547 noted during the watch, in with them (at least) five Bramblings. Also logged over were 1 Curlew, 6 Blackbird, 4 Redwing, 2 Song Thrush, 66 Starling, 3 Skylark, 14 Meadow Pipit, 7 Linnet, 24 Goldfinch, 2 Greenfinch, 2 Siskin, 1 Lesser Redpoll and 2 Reed Bunting.

In the bushes around me were singles of Blackcap (fem) and Chiffchaff.

No comments:

Post a Comment