Pages

Tuesday 5 July 2016

What Inspired You?

I was asked the other day "what inspired you to become a birder?".  An interesting question, and one that unlike many others, I couldn't answer straight away. My answer is in fact quite a complex one I think, as there were several contributing factors. But out of interest I thought I would also ask this question, on Twitter, and I was delighted with the response I got - many thanks everyone.

I found it really interesting reading all the different reasons, so much so that I think I should post them on here too;

 
 
 
 

What was it that inspired you?  Please do leave a comment or drop me an email, it's fascinating to hear the different tales.

I haven't had the chance to go down the local reserves for well over a month, but Dad has kept me well informed. Yesterday there were eight Blackwits, six Dunlin and two Ringed Plover, and within the past couple of weeks we've had three single Little Ringed Plovers, a Greenshank and the expected early returning Green Sandpipers. The three Tufted Ducks are also still around after first being seen on the Estuary on Monday 13th June.  The only notable species I've seen on patch lately have been two single Crossbills in different parts of the Morganhayes Wood complex.  Crossbills have been scarce this winter and spring, so these are undoubtedly 'autumn' migrants.

No comments:

Post a Comment