Pages

Friday 1 April 2016

Beer Head

Beer Head yesterday morning wasn't heaving with birds, not by a long way, but there was a nice late March selection. All in nice weather too which is always a bonus!

Best of all was a smart male Firecrest in the Sheepwalk, with a back up cast of a female Black Redstart, a female Wheatear, a sub-singing Willow Warbler, two Goldcrest, five Chiffchaff and seven Stonechat.

I often find the first arriving Wheatears don't allow close approach - bring on the showy Greenland hulks!

I was so pleased with the haul that this morning I took my mist nets up there for the first time this year.  Sadly though everything was the opposite to yesterday, especially the birds (none!) and the weather (bloody cold!).  Nice views though as ever, here's my main net ride half way through setting the net...

I am so lucky to have these spectacular views at this ringing site.

No comments:

Post a Comment