Pages

Monday 4 February 2013

A Weekend Away

Jess and I both had the weekend off, so we decided to head up to mid Wales for a few days. With the exception of a Firecrest (which I hope is still around), I didn't miss any valuable year ticks whilst holidaying. Phew!

We stayed in Builth Wells, at a beautiful farm house B and B.  This is looking inside to our room...

At dusk

And this is looking out from our room...

Also at dusk. What a view!

Twice I could see Red Kites circling whilst lying in bed, and we just couldn't get over how stunning the view was.

Being in mid Wales, there was somewhere I just had to take Jess - lover of Buzzards and big birds of prey...

 
Gigrin Farm

We must have seen at least 350 Red Kites here. Always a spectacle. Another place I just had to take Jess was up the Elen Valley (no that isn't a euphemism!)...

 
Looking sublime in the sunshine!

We were home mid afternoon, and tomorrow I look forward to some patch birding.  And hopefully some patch year ticks!!

No comments:

Post a Comment