Pages

Tuesday 15 February 2011

Today Is The Day

...that spring has sprung! From BirdGuides:

Beer Head here we come!!!

Today is also the day I fear the view from the farm gate will be a little different forever more...

I think the life expectancy of those remaining trees/bushes has suddenly become very short! That's where I was going to find a roosting LEO one day too :-(

I was hoping for a massive collection of Gulls on the river early this afternoon, but other than a few small groups of big'uns, there was very little! 17 Lesser Black-backed Gulls I suppose was notable though considering the overall poor showing of Laridae.

I did discover a year tick though, feeding with a lone Blackwit just above Coronation Corner. Can you tell what it is...

It was raining too hard to get out of the car, so only pointed my Lumix at it. After all it is only a...

...Barwit! Had it been a Hudsonian Godwit I may have made more of an effort! :-)

Lastly, I would just like to say how pleased I am not to be the owner of no. 41, The Leys, Chipping Norton!

No comments:

Post a Comment