Pages

Tuesday 26 September 2023

Glossy Ibis on Black Hole Marsh

A timely message from Tim tonight (I had just finished eating dinner!) informed me of two Glossy Ibis that had just dropped in at Black Hole Marsh.  I was down there pretty sharpish as the light was going fast, and am glad I did because shortly after I filmed the last part of the below video they flew off south downriver.  Am not sure how far they went but I could so easily have missed them completely tonight...

 

Both birds were clearly juveniles/first-winters, presumably been blown across the channel with this southerly wind. My first Glossy Ibis on the Axe since the four that lingered in January 2022 - although I did miss a brief (less than one day bird) on 14th Sept of the same year.

Now let's see what Storm Anges has to offer... 


No comments:

Post a Comment