Pages

Wednesday 1 May 2019

Short-changed by a Shortie

I forgot to mention this in yesterday's blog post...

On Saturday evening a friend of mine WhatsApped me a photo with the caption "what's this?".  As a birder, and am sure like most birders out there, I frequently get ID requests from my non-birder mates.  And almost all the time they relate to common species, so I was a bit surprised when attached to this particular request was this photo...



Well look at that! A stunning Short-eared Owl which he snapped sat on a fence post beside the A3052 just east of Rousdon.  Ok, so they're not exactly rare but just check out that photo! We all know how terrible phone cameras are when it comes to wildlife photography - the mind boggles at how close it must have been!  He even managed an arty 'in habitat' shot too...



Sickeningly good! Both photos (c) Lee Taylor.


No comments:

Post a Comment