Pages

Wednesday 7 November 2012

It's Been A While!

Anyone following my twitter account will know from the quality of my recent tweets that I haven't done any worthwhile patch birding for probably a week - if not longer!  I have been a busy boy, lots of bird surveys, too much working, and the usual county recorder duties.  

So what have I got worthy of a blog post?  Well nothing.  I just wanted to let everyone know I am still alive, and that hopefully I will be doing some birding soon!  I'm really annoyed to have missed yesterday, it sounds like there was a very impressive Pigeon movement along the south coast, along with other goodies. Oh well - I keep telling myself "they are only Pigeons", in truth though I'm gutted!  

In the mean time, I'll leave this photo here for you to look at.  I've already posted it on Devon Bird News - thanks to Bun for getting it to me.  It was taken on a trawler 38 miles south of Plymouth on 26th Oct by Fred Bartlett, and the bird remained on board for about 12 hours...

A Dark-breasted Barn Owl!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment