Pages

Tuesday 5 October 2010

Grey P's

Grey P number one came after work on Sunday. At Black Hole Marsh this little beaut was feeding in the corner of the marsh...

Grey Phal!

Grey Phals never fail to wow me! Whether they are minute dots bobbing about the ocean, or spinning around like this little fella on a marsh. What great birds!!! I went to Black Hole Marsh the following morning and it was not there. But at half 11 in the morning, this was....

and in bright sunshine! One odd Barn Owl!!

Today's Grey P came after a phone call from my old man. A Grey Plover (a local mega!) had just dropped in on the Estuary with two Greenshank. I couldn't see it half an hour later, though the two Greenshank were on show, as was a Knot. I did see it at midday though, and at 15:00 there were two! Never before have I seen more than one Grey Plover on the Estuary at once! This event certainly deserved a 'record shot'....

Axe gold dust!

On Monday morning I gave Beer Head a go. It was brilliant - with plenty of birds - just nothing out of the ordinary. The 'vis mig' was very good, but in the light northerly birds were flying in all directions so I didn't attempt to count anything. Meadow Pipits, Skylarks, Pied Wags and Siskins were the most numerous species going over.

One particular field on the head is looking very VERY promising at the moment - with lots of passerines feeding in it. I am going to keep a close eye on it, bring on that Little Bunt.....

No comments:

Post a Comment