Pages

Friday 12 June 2015

Previous Post Plus Photos

I keep going back to our new open heathland-type habitat, it's proving such a diverse site! It's clear the removal of the trees has greatly increased the variety of birds here. On the last couple of visits I've taken my camera too...



The Tree Pipit wasn't very obliging this morning, and I've still not seen more than one bird. Last year there were three (two males and a presumed female)...



The Stonechat family were still present, along with a couple of Willow Warblers, a Spotted Flycatcher, several Siskins including at least five juvs and a pair of Kestrel that I really hope are breeding nearby...



And back in some of the remaining thicker conifers, it was good to see one baby Tawny Owl still along with a brief adult...



And it's not just birds.  Am yet to note any different butterflies here, but a couple of Painted Ladies were good to see this morning...


No comments:

Post a Comment