Pages

Monday 22 June 2015

Hare Today Gone Tomorrow

Took the dog for a walk on the eastern edge of our patch this morning, through some lovely farmland. It was wonderful listening to singing Skylarks, Yellowhammers, Linnets and Whitethroats galore.  Most of the land was clearly for dairy farming, and I often find these farms still quite good for wildlife with hedges left to flourish, as apposed to the intense arable farming of this day and age.

The highlight though was this lovely adult Brown Hare.  This is the first Hare I've seen in this area for over two years, my last sighting was of a small group of leverets not all the far from where I saw today's animal...



2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I am a local wildlife enthusiast/photographer and was wondering if you could tell me were you photographed this hare?

    ReplyDelete