Pages

Thursday 20 May 2010

There's A Tiger In Town

Despite the fact there seemed to be fewer moths about than the previous night, I managed the largest catch of the year. I will try both traps again tonight... so another night of not much sleep for me!!!

Except a few Pugs that were still brown, but looked a little different, there was only one new for the garden. It was this (slightly worn) stonker...

A Cream-spot Tiger - amazing colours on it!

In all I captured 71 moths of 20 species (ish).

Bar the Tiger, the full list looks like this: 20 brown Pug sp., 8 V-Pug, 6 Shuttle-shaped Dart, 5 Heart and Dart, 5 Brimstone, 4 Flame Shoulder, 3 Bright-line Brown-eye, 3 Pebble Prominent, 3 Garden Carpet, 2 Nut-tree Tussock, 2 Waved Umber, 2 Clouded Drab, and singles of: Pale Tussock, Buff-tip, Treble Lines, Green Carpet, Red Twin-spot Carpet, Hebrew Character and Foxglove Pug.

This morning I nipped off patch ringing young Jackdaws and House Sparrows. A singing Garden Warbler was a nice treat here.

This afternoon, I had a lovely meal in the Harbour Inn - Axmouth. I tucked into a 'Harbour Burger'... yummy!! Very much recommended for a good nosh up.

No comments:

Post a Comment