Pages

Wednesday 29 July 2009

Looking South

There's been plenty of photos on here of late hasn't there? So I think I can justify a photo-less post....

I just had to try a sea watch this morning, I watched from the shelter of the beach hut in the company of John Chambers.

05:40 - 08:30 produced: 15 Common Scoter (4 on sea), 1 Mallard, 216 Gannets, 8 Fulmar, 13 Manxies, 4 Balearic Shearwaters (all singles), 12 Black-headed Gulls, 2 Med Gulls (ads, both sat on sea close in and were joined by a juv Kitt), 9 Kittiwakes, 5 Sandwich Terns, 7 Commic Terns, 2 Oystercatchers, 1 Curlew and 5 Whimbrel. Most of these flew west, but for 6 of the Commics, 2 Sandwich Terns and a handful of Gannets.

Wouldn't mind this wind to ease now as I could do with doing some serious mothing! That is unless the wind can give me a Pom and maybe a large Shearwater or two....?

No comments:

Post a Comment