Pages

Friday 19 January 2018

Hawfinch Hysteria

This post is not for the faint-hearted. This morning I actually suffered from a Hawfinch-hypo, and you may too by the time you've read this blog post...

What is better than watching patch Hawfinches? Watching ground feeding patch Hawfinches that's what...



Am absolutely delighted that all the time I've spent in Musbury getting to grips with this group of Hawfinches rewarded me so well this morning. Such a thoroughly enjoyable hour and a half of my life that I will relive so many times. Pure Hawfinch heaven.




I saw about six birds in all, including one stunning male (nice comparison of male and female in the middle section of the above video). Listen to the video as well, because in the second section there's lots of 'tic' calling, and during the third section you will hear the 'seep' call a few times.

As well as lots of on the ground views, I enjoyed some nice perched views too...



They are such great birds. Simply awesome. I really hope they never leave...

5 comments:

  1. Superb, Stevie! Well impressed! 😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Superb enough to encourage you to take a lunch break in Musbury any time soon? :-)

      Delete
    2. Definitely. You'll have to tell me where to look though 😊

      Delete