Pages

Wednesday 7 July 2010

Not Worthy Of A Blog Post...

....doesn't stop me though!!!

My moth catches have been much smaller over the past couple of nights, I blame the wind!! On Monday I did have one first though...

This Small Yellow Wave

Med Gulls must really be moving at the moment - in force too! Whenever I look out over the sea I see one (or more!). Yesterday morning was no exception, when what was literally a glance over the sea showed a stunning adult flying west.... yummy!!!

Ringing this morning on Colyford Common was rather quiet, although we had another decent control. It was another Reed Warbler - this one wearing a Jersey ring!

On the Estuary, an adult Ringed Plover was nice to see, with five Common Sands and four Blackwits.

So, was this worthy of a blog post?.... no not really!! Although in a last ditch attempt, this may just appeal to some Odonata fans....

Male Black-tailed Skimmer


2 comments:

  1. Love the Dragonfly on your finger.
    Our Moth-trap is going out again tonight
    but we've yet to get any of the Hawk-Moths
    with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thankyou! You will get a Hawkmoth one day....

    ReplyDelete