Pages

Friday 9 April 2010

Double Figures At Last

The sunny skies over the last couple of days haven't helped in dropping migrants for us to enjoy! Just a couple of White Wags remain at Blackhole Marsh, and bird of the day today was a surprise Lesser Redpoll over the back garden at half nine this morning.

The title of this post refers to the contents of my moth trap this morning. 11 moths of 6 species constitutes the first double figure catch of the year! There was one new for the garden...

Pale Pinion

The rest of the catch was made up of: 4 Common Quaker, 2 Hebrew Character, 2 Early Grey, 1 Small Quaker and 1 Oak Beauty. There were a couple of micros too, including my first Plume Moth of the year...

I still prefer my name for them... 'flying T'

I shall close this short post with a snap I took at Axe Cliff yesterday morning. As there were no migrants about I was pointing my Lumix at anything...

Song Thrush... note the blue skue behind; blue sky = no migrants!!!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Steve, not sure if you`ve id`d the Plume, but is the Common Plume Moth (Emmelina monodactyla).

    ReplyDelete