Pages

Thursday 5 November 2009

A Wood Pigeon Or Two...

I did it....I got out of my bed early (ish!). And zoomed straight up to Beer stables, my favoured late autumn vis mig watch point. I watched here 07:10 - 09:40.

Wood Pigeons were on the move in force, with a final total of 14,570....result! All west. Most flocks were flying straight over head or slightly to the north of me, but a couple of large flocks later in the watch were over the sea. Here's some pics, you need to enlarge them to get the full effect...

A stunning display! Bravo!

Other bits that went into my notebook included: 24 Stock Dove, 5 Feral Pigeon, 23 Jackdaw, 4 Redwing, 1 Song Thrush, 1 Blackbird, 92 Starling, 15 Skylark, 12 Pied Wag, 1 Grey Wag, 5 Meadow Pipit, 308 Chaffinch, 2 Brambling, 32 Goldfinch, 3 Lesser Redpoll and 1 Siskin.

No comments:

Post a Comment