Pages

Wednesday 9 November 2011

A Wet One

It really is - and windy too! I couldn't muster the enthusiasm for a sea watch though, and have been doing my usual whizzing backwards and forwards checking as many places as possible!

First of all the 'hangers on', and the two lovely Snow Buntings were still at Axe Yacht Club. They were still showing very well in exactly the same place despite the awful weather. I couldn't see the White-rumped Sandpiper today, but judging by how elusive it was yesterday it could well still be with us.

I had a bit of a fright again this morning when I looked over part of the Tesco site...

Oooooohhhhh, I recognise that shape.....

Although I saw a (Northern) Wheatear here in exactly the same place a couple of days ago, I still noticed 'the shakes' creeping in as I reached down to my bins..

As I raised my bins to my eyes, I was picturing the cold plumaged Pied Wheatear I was about to get an eye-full of........

....BUGGER!

Oh well - that's one for another day!

Ten Brent Geese (first seen last night) were on Colyford Marsh this morning, and looked very nice huddled together in a tight flock. It was hard to make each bird out, but at least five were juvs.

An early afternoon sweep of the Estuary showed good numbers of gulls, including two colour-ringed Great Black-backs and two lovely Med Gulls...

Second winter and adult

I'm working at 4 today, but am hoping to have another look through the gulls before I start. If I find something decent, expect another blog post later...(always hopeful!)...

No comments:

Post a Comment