Pages

Friday 22 July 2011

A Late Morning Mooch Of The Marshes

I thought I'd pay Blackhole and Colyford Marshes a visit at high tide today, nice to see a few more waders coming through.

On Blackhole Marsh, our sixth Little Ringed Plover of the 'autumn' was distantly visible from the island hide...

I did say it was distant!

Also on show were several Common Sands, four Dunlin and ten rather fine looking Blackwits. Several Little Egrets were feeding close to the hide...

Shame it wasn't the orange punk that's on the Otter at the moment!

On Colyford scrape were six more Dunlin, two Lapwing and a Green Sandpiper. A second Green Sandpiper was on Colyford Common itself.

To end this somewhat brief post I must just mention the Greenshank I saw on the Estuary yesterday, and post this photo of a Great Spotted Woodpecker from Colyford Common today...

There are plenty of trees about for it!?

No comments:

Post a Comment