Pages

Friday 21 January 2011

I'm Still Here!

I can only apologise for the lack of blog updates of late, I have had such little time for birding and/or blogging. Records and descriptions are coming in thick and fast at the mo!

All you need to know is I have still not seen a Waxwing on patch! I've seen nine in Axminster, which is close. But not close enough!!!!

The weather over the last week has been so much better than the dull and damp disaster that was last week...

This afternoon from Seaton Hole

I did manage a look on the sea off Branscombe yesterday morning, with Ian Mc. This showed 20+ Red-throated Divers, good numbers of auks, and a Velvet Scoter passed west. Off Seaton, I could see only seven Velvets yesterday, the week before I counted 11 - my highest count for the patch ever!

Also yesterday, the male Black Redstart that has been in residence at Seaton Hole lately, was replaced by a female. Nice to know at least two are still on patch since the big freeze! The female remained too distant to snap, but today the male came close enough...

A very smart fella! Presumably the bird that was in our road over Christmas?

Also today, whilst at Seaton Marshes a smart drake Goosander flew up river. Another surprise came my way about half an hour later. Whilst grilling a flock of 200 Skylark and 150 Linnet in the fields above Axmouth, a flock of 16 Golden Plover flew over west...

As you can see, I only JUST about managed to snap them!!

Hopefully the next blog update won't take as long to come as this one did - sorry!

No comments:

Post a Comment