Pages

Saturday 17 October 2009

Just A Quickie...

As I said I would, I tried Beer Head again this morning, hoping for Ring Ouzel. I was up there for nearly two hours, and spent almost all of that time looking down into the Under Hooken, but saw no Ouzels! : (

It wasn't all doom and gloom though, not at all! Vis mig was very exciting, but as birds were going in all directions I didn't conduct a full count.

Best was a single flock of 28 Crossbills east at 09:23, chupping all the way. This is the biggest flock I've ever seen on patch, and the biggest single flock I've ever seen on any vis mig session anywhere!

A lone Brambling west was my first of the autumn, and a Lesser Redpoll north and 11 Siskin east added to the list. The most numerous species appeared to be Goldfinch. Although they weren't moving anywhere fast, 40+ House Martins and c10 Swallows were feeding along the cliff edge.

Grounded migrants included 12 Redwing, two Chiffchaff and a Goldcrest.

Off to bed, I have a long day of work ahead of me tomorrow....

No comments:

Post a Comment