Pages

Friday 8 May 2009

It's Been Ten Days...

... since my last patch year tick! I could understand this if it were Decemeber, or July....but it's May!!! Today though I managed to break the trend as my year list stumbled up to 154.

During a sea watch from Spot On Kiosk 07:45 - 09:10, seven Sanderling brightened up my morning - our first of the year. Three flew in and landed with two Dunlin, they allowed me to get a few snaps of them snoozing before they continued on west. Then another four came winging past west with one Dunlin about twenty minutes later. Here's the first three...

Taking a well earned rest I'd say!

The full totals of my sea watch are as follows: 1 Great Northern Diver, 1 Red-throated Diver, 5 Manxies, 2 Little Egrets, 6 Common Scoters, 1 Ringed Plover (on beach then flew west), 13 Dunlin, the 7 Sanderling, 16 Kittiwakes and 18+ Sandwich Terns. Also a Wheatear arrived in/off.

Tonight four more Sandwich Terns and Manxies flew west. I haven't seen anything else of note today though, plus I've missed a Cuckoo - by minutes!

No comments:

Post a Comment