Pages

Wednesday 17 March 2010

The Good, The Bad, And The Ugly...

Went ringing this morning in a Kilmington garden, 'til about midday.

This was the good...

Everyone loves Coal Tits! Especially me :-)

The bad...

This poor Dunnock had a nasty cyst/growth on it's upper eyelid

And the ugly...

!!!!!!

Whilst ringing, it was nice to hear Siskins song-flighting, with several other woodland birds singing well.

The only birds I've seen today that I can describe as being passage migrants were a few Meadow Pipits over Seaton Marshes early afternoon and a Chiffchaff singing and calling on the Borrow Pit; I haven't seen one here all winter. Bun scored with our first Swallow this afternoon in Beer.

I had the moth trap out at home during the previous night, only the third time I've used it this year! Thankfully, unlike the other two times, it wasn't a blank catch! In it were five moths of three species. Like last year, I will always post photos of any 'new for the garden' species, and as I didn't start trapping 'til late summer last year, there's going to be a lot of moth photos on this blog during the next few months!!!

Anyway, todays five were...

Hebrew Character

Early Grey. And...

These three Common Quakers

Am looking forward to a full year mothing, if last year's few months were anything to go by, I'm going to have a good year!!!

Lastly, I made a bloody nice cheesecake today! Photo to appear on this blog soon.... Chocolate and Raspberry.... yummy :-)

2 comments:

  1. there's going to be a lot of moth photos on this blog during the next few months!!!

    Sounds good to me! the more the better.
    Not had an Early Grey yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Ben. I really can't wait for the season to really get going! :-)

    ReplyDelete